Sat, May 01|
WCLN: Board, Commission & Committee Appointment Training
Virtual training on how to be appointed to a local board, commission or committee
Time & Location
May 01, 2021, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
About the Event
Join Women's Community Leadership Network and WIRE for Women for a virtual training on how to be appointed to a local board, commission or committee. Learn from appointed and elected women how to apply, prepare and interview for a commission, as well as lessons learned in the process.
Register at BrownPaperTickets to receive the zoom link.
• Lilian Chang - San Mateo County Youth Commissioner
• Nadia Flamenco - Daly City Recreation Commissioner
• Liz Kniss - Former Palo Alto Mayor and current WIRE Board Member
• Emily Lo - Former Saratoga Mayor and current WIRE Board Member
• Jessica Meunier - Redwood City Planning Commissioner
• Sophie Mateja - San Mateo County Youth Commissioner
Women's Community Leadership Network is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that equips women with the skills to seek appointed and elected positions. We accomplish this by offering training, networking opportunities, and forums on public policy and community issues.
WIRE for Women is a nonpartisan organization comprised of women and men committed to increasing the number of women in appointed and elected office in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. WIRE identifies and recruits’ candidates for public office and supports their efforts by providing a broad network of resources.